FranklinWH aPower X – AC battery energy storage unit
The Franklin Home Power (FHP) system is an advanced energy control system that integrates the grid, solar generation, batteries, and generators. It is managed via a simple mobile app and provides real-time monitoring and control for a home’s day-to-day energy usage. The FHP system is designed to supply energy from multiple power sources during grid outages, ensuring that your home stays powered up even when the grid is down.
The FHP’s energy management is provided by the aGate X, an intelligent controller that integrates all power sources and automatically detects grid outages to seamlessly transition a home to backup power within 16ms.
An aGate X Smart Circuits Module is available for controlling of and automated load shedding for heavy energy loads during an outage. It provides custom scheduling of unique loads for more efficient use. A Generator Module can also be added to the aGate X for standby generator integration, providing maximum energy resilience and independence. The FHP is designed for daily cycling and emergency backup power. The aGate X complies with NEC 2017, NEC 2020, and UL1741 PCS Certification for main panel upgrade (MPU) avoidance.
The FHP system pairs the aGate X with the aPower X, a lithium iron phosphate (LFP) battery designed by FranklinWH. A single battery has large 13.6kWh capacity with continuous power of 5kW, and its peak power 10kW can last for 10s. Up to 15 aPower X batteries can be connected to a single aGate X.
- Lithium iron phosphate battery
- Automotive grade lithium cells
- Advanced Battery Management System (BMS) with Sate of Heath (SOH) pro-active battery technology.
- Micro-grid interconnect device (MID) functionality
- Auto-detect grid outages, seamless power transfer
- Black-start functionality; daily PV restart capabilities
- 12-year warranty
- NEMA 3R enclosure
- Up to 15 aPower X units can be used with a single aGate X
- Usable energy expandable from 13.6kWh to 204kWh
- Continuous output power ranges from 5kW to 38.4kW
Easy & Flexible
- Compatible with any solar inverter/standby generator
- Generator monitoring and controls via the FranklinWH app
- Pre-assembled, indoor/outdoor/wall/floor installation
- Multiple conduit entries
- App-based, remote commissioning